Friday, May 10, 2013

Calorie Counting - Doing It Right


After having my May 1st Meltdown (yeah, that’s what we'll call it), I was looking over my log on My Fitness Pal and something stood out to me. Something SMALL! My calorie count was that something small! I have my calorie intake set at 1348 calories a day, which isn’t bad… Right? WRONG! Pairing this intake of calories with my workout routine was leaving me averaging about 1,000 calories a day. HELLOOO! Hungry Tummy! Starving body! SLOW Metabolism! This might just be the reason that my weight-loss was only 1.5 pounds in 3 and half weeks. Starvation does not work! Your body needs fuel and requires fuel in order to function properly!  Period.


Here is the summary of my Net Calories (Pay no attention to Fat Girl Fridays – they are my well-deserved cheat days and I ALWAYS stay below 1,500 calories that day. I earned it!)


Want to know something else? My Fitness Pal LIES! It LIES! I know what you’re thinking… Uhhhh… Excuse me?!

I hate to break the news to you, but you will not be the projected weight MFP tells you that you will be in 5 weeks, you will be the weight you work for, the weight you earn! Do NOT use My Fitness Pal as your lifeline, use it as a guideline to help make you aware of what you are feeding your body.

Do not intake below 1,200 calories a day and the more you burn, the more you will need to eat. This is what I forgot to do and my body suffered. Moderation is key, starvation is killer! The better you eat, the better you feel.

I’m going to use my advice and increase my caloric intake on the days that I increase my movement and I will continue to drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water a day. I have hope that it will make a difference.

Until then, today is Fat Girl Friday and I am going to drink it up! (And yes, I DO include this in my calorie count.)

Whatever you decide to do today, be your best!

Pin It

No comments: