Monday, September 7, 2009

COCOnut Macaroons

Since I've been laid off, I've been cooking & baking like a mad woman and LOVING every minute of it!! My boys are really enjoying it too!! Go Figure...
My Sister, Bro-in-Law & Nephew spent the weekend with us and my Bro-in-Law was BEGGING for coconut macaroons. I LOVE coconut macaroons, but have never attempted to make them. They were much easier to make than I was thinking and were OH-SO-GOOD!!
COCOnut Macaroons
Recipe From: Joy of Baking
Ingredients:
Coconut Macaroons
4 large egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup cake flour, sifted (I used self-rising flour, because it's what I had)
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
**This recipe does not call for chocolate, but I decided to drizzle a few macaroons with melted chocolate. Don't forget to cover the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate as well. DELICIOUS!!**
Directions:
In a stainless steel bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, and salt. When this mixture is warm to the touch, and nice and creamy, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, flour, and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for about one hour, or until firm.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place small mounds (about 1 tablespoon) of the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing several inches apart.
Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
Makes about 2 dozen macaroons.
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!