Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Picky Palate... Where Have You Been?!

If you have not visited Jenny at www.picky-palate.com, you will NOT be disappointed!!
This recipe is from www.picky-palate.com my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE new website. Jenny is FABULOUSLY fun and has created some of the most insanely delicious, one-of-a-kind, simple recipes for REAL Moms (Not Martha Stewart Moms... Nothing against Martha, but you understand).
I have picked a few recipes from her site and will be making them this week. Today I made BBQ Chicken Crusted Smoked Cheddar Mac and it was like nothing we have ever had... in an AWESOME way!!

My boys LOVE new recipes and will try anything. I think it's a HUGE compliment that they want to add this into the regular recipe rotation!!
You outdid yourself Jenny... Thank you for being an inspiration to real Moms and Thank You for sharing your creations!!

BBQ Chicken Crusted Smoked Cheddar Mac
1 lb mini farfalle pasta (use any pasta of choice)
5 Tablespoons butter
5 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
4 Cups milk
5 Cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese (you could use any cheddar cheese)
2 Cups shredded BBQ Chicken
HERE is the recipe
1 Cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.

2. Melt butter into a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute stirring. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Increase heat to medium high, stir continuously until liquid thickens and comes to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheddar cheese until smooth then add cooked pasta.
Pour mixture into a large baking dish then top evenly with BBQ chicken.
Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

3. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Pin It

2 comments:

Ariana Sullivan said...

Oh my gosh I'm drooling!!! I have leftover BBQ chicken from last night.. too bad I don't have any pasta on hand >:(
I'm so bookmarking this, though. I make BBQ chicken all the time and always have leftovers.

Unknown said...

I wonder if pulled pork would work too? I have the HEB tub in my fridge right now. This looks too fabulous for words!