Sunday, August 22, 2010

9 Things I LoVe About YOU!

Nine years old… How in the world did we get to nine so quickly? How is it even possible that you are nine years old? It just doesn’t seem possible that you are half way to 18 years old. I have spent the evening taking a walk down memory lane looking at a ton of old pictures of you. I want to cry for how much I miss the "little you", and yet I am so excited to be a part of the "bigger you".

Life with you is never dull, so I am going to try my hardest to pick some of the Top Nine about the past 12 months.



Your Top Nine:

9. For the first time (that I know of) you were writing "I love _____ " on your notebook. Lord help me, I am quite certain it won't be the last.

8. You've decided that you wanted to be Matt Lauer when you grow up. However, after watching you discuss the daily happenings of the world, it has become quite clear to me that you are more likely to become Joel McHale when you grow up…. This makes me so happy!

7. Your artistic ability grows daily! I am confident that if you do not become the next Matt Lauer (Joel McHale), then you are destined to become the next Picasso. It’s a good thing I saved every drawing you’ve done!


6. You scored your first Homerun and two triples in the same game! I secretly love the way you never listen to your coaches, because you know exactly what you need to do. (Don’t tell Dad that I said this!)

5. You went to your very first WWE event with Dad. He said he loved watching you clap and throw your arms in the air, hooting & hollering, and taking in every minute of the excitement!

4. You really wanted a guitar and got a little bummed when Josh bought himself one. Josh had been saving money for a while and decided to buy a guitar. Dad and I mentioned that if you would save your money, we would pay for half. You simply responded, “I want to save my money and give it to the church.” … We could not have been anymore proud than we were at that moment… There are no words.

3. Your love of Roller Coasters continues to grow; therefore, my fear of Roller Coasters continues to grow!

2. Your wittiness and quick comebacks keep us in stitches. You are one funny kid and definitely the class clown. I anticipate plenty of calls from your schools as the years go on. I will do my best to not respond with “What do you expect with a dad like his?” … What have we got ourselves into?!

1. From the day you were born, you have never ceased to amaze us. The doctors told us that you would never crawl and you did… early! We were told that you would never walk and you did… early! We were told you could not play sports and that has not stopped you. You play ball and you rock it! No matter the obstacles in your life or the hurdles placed in front of you, you always soar past them and come out shining!

Whew!! What a year! Your dad and I are super proud of you and very honored that out of all the parents in the world, we got picked to love you. I am so excited for all you will see and experience in the coming year. I cannot wait for all the adventures we have waiting for us this year!

Here are a VERY few of my favorite pics...







I love you so much I don't think my heart can hold it all.

*Mom



Pin It

No comments: